Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Five | Catering: Refreshments and light lunch provided
This workshop is a comprehensive introduction to Motivational Interviewing. The workshop will provide up to date information and introduce the fundamental skill set of Motivational Interviewing. In this interactive and experiential workshop, attendees will learn helpful skills to assist people to engage in behaviour change.
• How does Motivational Interviewing work?
• The spirit of Motivational Interviewing
• The Motivational Interviewing process: engagement, focus, evoke, plan
• Key skills in Motivational Interviewing: OARS - open question, affirmations, reflections, summaries
• Strategies to evoke change talk
Participants will be provided the opportunity to:
• Gain knowledge about Motivational Interviewing
• Develop some fundamental skills to help people engage in behaviour change
• Learn ways to strengthen an individual’s motivation towards a specific goal
• Evoke and strengthen change talk
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Communities
• Working with Families/Whānau
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 10 May 2019 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).