Workshop Type: Intermediate | Workshop Level: Six | Catering: Refreshments Provided
Develop and enhance culturally competent practice.
• Interactive workshop encouraging analysis of culture
• How cultural framework impacts on practice
• Learn the differences between refugee and migrant people’s experiences
• Define culture and be aware of own cultural values
• Develop cultural competency in practice
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Differentiate between observations, judgements, and evaluations
• Explain the principles of working with interpreters
• Be able to define four elements of cultural competency
• Be able to identify ways in which these elements can be applied in practice
• Be presented with an explanatory model of the components of culture
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Challenging Stigma and Discrimination
• Working with Communities
• Professional and Personal Development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 11 January 2019 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).