Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four | Catering: Refreshments provided
The Treaty of Waitangi/Te Tiriti o Waitangi is a founding document of Aotearoa-New Zealand. This workshop encourages learners with little or no previous knowledge to explore the reality of the Treaty, the issues it presents for healthcare, and its implications for practitioners and services in the broader healthcare setting.
• Overview of the Treaty
• Facts and myths
• The Treaty and health
• Developing practice
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Develop a balanced overview of the development of the Treaty
• Explore the meaning of the Treaty and identify some of the common and less common myths and facts
• Understand some of the key issues in healthcare presented by the Treaty
• Process the implications of the Treaty in their own healthcare context
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Māori
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Working with Communities
• Professional and Personal Development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 14 September 2018 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).