Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Five | Catering: Refreshments provided
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) is a cognitive behavioural treatment which emphasises skills training to help people learn and use new skills and strategies to develop a life that they can experience as worth living. It has been effective in treating a wide range of disorders including BPD, depression, substance dependence, PTSD and eating disorders. The aim of this workshop is to provide an introduction to DBT and some of its key components. To give participants an understanding of DBT skills and how they may be used in their daily practice with clients.
• Introduction to DBT model
• Selected Distress Tolerance skills
• Selected Emotion Regulation skills
• Mindfulness as discussed in DBT
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Gain confidence in working with clients and managing difficulties with regulating emotions
• Identify several key skills the clinician may be able to try with clients
• Encourage participants to consider how they use validation with their clients
• Working with people experiencing mental health and addiction needs
• Maintaining professional and personal development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 10 January 2020 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).