Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four | Catering: Refreshments provided
Develop knowledge about the experience of common mental disorders: mood disorders, psychosis, and anxiety disorders. Learn how to best support those with mental illness and their family members.
• Discover facts and myths about common mental illnesses
• Learn the risk factors, causes and treatment options for these common mental illnesses
• Learn how people manage to live well with mental illness
Participants will be provided the opportunity to:
• Gain insight and increased knowledge of common mental illnesses
• Develop a better understanding of how to support people
• Learn ways in which people experiencing mental illness can live well
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Challenging Stigma and Discrimination
• Professional and Personal Development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by Friday 11 January 2019 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).