Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four | Catering: Refreshments provided
Moods are about our emotions and how they affect us. Sometimes we’re sad, other times we’re happy. But sometimes people’s mood can get ‘stuck’ or become ‘extreme’. When this happens, it affects an individual and their family. This workshop provides an overview of common mood disorders in order for participants to understand and respond appropriately.
• Mood on a continuum
• Impacts on individuals and family/whānau
• Effective supporting
• Common treatment modalities
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Discuss normal mood
• Describe what is meant by a mood disorder
• Identify ways of supporting
• Understand a range of treatment options
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Challenging Stigma and Discrimination
• Professional and Personal Development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 10 May 2019 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).