Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four | Catering: Refreshments and light lunch provided
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (or ACT, said as one word not individual letters) is at the forefront of the “new” generation of cognitive behaviour therapy models. ACT is a transdiagnostic model and has an impressive body of research showing its efficacy across a range of disorders. The course will provide an introductory overview of the ACT model. The components of the ACT model will be described and participants will have an opportunity to practice and build skills over the day.
• Didactic and interactive explanation and discussion of the ACT model and core processes
• Role plays and exercises to explore and develop skills in each of the core processes
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Understand the basic ACT model and the six core processes that make up the model
• Be able to identify the core processes within a client group
• Use basic ACT techniques and skills
Let’s Get Real Skills
• Professional and Personal Development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 16 July 2018 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).