Course Type: Introductory | Course Level: Five | Catering: Refreshments and light lunch available
This workshop gives participants knowledge and skills in the use of a Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) model specifically designed for Kiwi kids and teens. The intervention presented is evidence based and a fun way of engaging young people. This will be a highly interactive, practical workshop and participants will get to practice the skills taught via role play and DVD’s. Prior knowledge and training in CBT is beneficial but not a requirement.
• Overview of Cognitive Behaviour Theory, models and evidence
• Developmental and cultural considerations
• The Skateboard Model – winding it up and winding it down
• Practice applying the model
• Tools for change - CBT strategies for problem areas
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Develop a better understanding of what CBT is and its application to kids and teens
• Identify the key components of a CBT model using the metaphor of a skateboard
• Practice eliciting, applying and sharing the Skateboard Model via role play, demonstrations
• Learn CBT strategies
Let’s Get Real Skills
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Working with Communities
• Challenging Stigma and Discrimination
• Professional and Personal Development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 16 July 2018 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).