This webinar is a live feed of the workshop being delivered with in-room participants.
Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four
In 2019 the World Health Organisation formally recognised burnout as an “occupational phenomenon”. We all experience stress at various levels throughout our lives. However, if an individual experiences regular stress that leaves them feeling exhausted and/or disillusioned, they may be on the path to burnout. This workshop identifies different stress levels and looks at strategies to mitigate and respond to levels that are excessive in order to maintain personal wellbeing for self and others in the workplace. This worksop is designed for those working in the health or socal services sector.
• Overwhelm, burnout, compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma
• The impact on an individual and the workplace
• Work related, lifestyle and personality traits
• Physical, emotional and behavioural signs
• Strategies to mitigate and manage excesses
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Differentiate between stress, burnout, vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue
• Examine work, lifestyle and personality traits that potentially increase risks of overwhelm or burnout
• Learn the physical, emotional and behavioural signs that indicate overwhelm/burnout
• Develop a strategy to reframe and re-evaluate work related priorities
• Maintaining professional and personal development
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 8 May 2020 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).
You will need
• Headset and Microphone
• Built-in laptop camera or attachable webcam device (for laptop or PC)
• Stable broadband connection
Minimum System Requirements
• As a guide, if you are able to Skype or watch online videos (eg: YouTube) from your device, your system requirements should be capable.
Windows 7 and above
Mac OS X 10.6 and above
Internet Explorer 7 and above
Firefox - Latest version
Chrome - Latest version
Safari - 5 and above