Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four | Catering: Refreshments provided
This workshop aims to provide an overview of what happens when someone sustains a traumatic brain injury (TBI), what can be done about the effects of this injury, and how this information can help when working with TBI clients.
• How TBIs happen and to whom
• Signs and symptoms of TBI
• Issues following injury including co-morbidities
• What rehabilitation, services and resources are available
• How you can help when working with someone who has a brain injury
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Understand how brain injuries affect people who sustain them
• Think about how this may present in everyday life in clients that they interact with
• Learn about how to better support people who have sustained injuries
• Discover what services are available for brain injured clients
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Working with Communities
• Professional and Personal Development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 30 September 2019 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).