This webinar is a live feed of the workshop being delivered with in-room participants.
Please Note: This Webinar is only offered to participants outside the Greater Christchurch Area. Your online experience will differ from face to face education sessions.
Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Five | Catering: Refreshments and light lunch provided
This workshop is a comprehensive introduction to Motivational Interviewing. The workshop will provide up to date information and introduce the fundamental skill set of Motivational Interviewing. In this interactive and experiential workshop, attendees will learn helpful skills to assist people to engage in behaviour change.
• How does Motivational Interviewing work?
• The spirit of Motivational Interviewing
• The Motivational Interviewing process: engagement, focus, evoke, plan
• Key skills in Motivational Interviewing: OARS - open question, affirmations, reflections, summaries
• Strategies to evoke change talk
Participants will be provided the opportunity to:
• Gain knowledge about Motivational Interviewing
• Develop some fundamental skills to help people engage in behaviour change
• Learn ways to strengthen an individual’s motivation towards a specific goal
• Evoke and strengthen change talk
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Communities
• Working with Families/Whānau
You will need
• Headset and Microphone
• Built-in laptop camera or attachable webcam device (for laptop or PC)
• Stable broadband connection
Minimum System Requirements
• As a guide, if you are able to Skype or watch online videos (eg: YouTube) from your device, your system requirements should be capable.
• System requirements in detail https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/nb8raex
Windows 7 and above
Mac OS X 10.6 and above
Internet Explorer 7 and above
Firefox - Latest version
Chrome - Latest version
Safari - 5 and above