This webinar is a live feed of the workshop being delivered with in-room participants.
Please Note: This Webinar is only offered to participants outside the Greater Christchurch Area. Your online experience will differ from face to face education sessions.
Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Five | Catering: Refreshments provided
The science of positive psychology asks what makes us strong and uniquely talented. It asks where we find our resilience in the face of challenge, what core part of us makes us able to flourish and be deeply engaged, and where we can find the greatest opportunity for growth. This workshop examines the nature of an individual’s personal strengths, how these affect values and motivation, and how they can be used to craft situations to use the strongest personal resources. Tools are included for personal and professional use, for the identification, measurement and application of strengths-based personal and professional relationship-building, and support for the development of others.
• Overview of the science of character strengths
• Conversations for relationship building
• Identification of character strengths
• Application of the strongest personal resources
• Engagement and support for the strengths of others
Participants will be provided the opportunity to:
• Develop an understanding of the importance of character strengths as personal resources
• Experience of strengths-based conversations
• Identify, measure, and engage their own and others personal character strengths
• To use and apply the tools and principles in practice
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Māori
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Working with Communities
• Challenging Stigma and Discrimination
• Professional and Personal Development
You will need
• Headset and Microphone
• Built-in laptop camera or attachable webcam device (for laptop or PC)
• Stable broadband connection
Minimum System Requirements
• As a guide, if you are able to Skype or watch online videos (eg: YouTube) from your device, your system requirements should be capable.
• System requirements in detail https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/nb8raex
Windows 7 and above
Mac OS X 10.6 and above
Internet Explorer 7 and above
Firefox - Latest version
Chrome - Latest version
Safari - 5 and above