This webinar is a live feed of the workshop being delivered with in-room participants.
Please Note: This Webinar is only offered to participants outside the Greater Christchurch Area. Your online experience will differ from face to face education sessions.
Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four
You may find you are increasingly coming into contact with users of methamphetamine and synthetic drugs. This workshop will provide an up to date overview of methamphetamine and synthetic drugs currently available, what they are, how to recognise use and how they have come to be used so frequently in today's society. Learn about acute and longer term effects harm minimisation.
• Background to methamphetamine and synthetic drugs: What are they, where do they come from?
• Common effects of these drugs
• Harm minimisation information
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Discover up-to-date information on methamphetamine and synthetic drugs that are currently available
• Identify the different common types and their effects
• Gain awareness of common signs and symptoms of withdrawal and how to manage this
• Learn tools and strategies around harm minimisation
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Working with Communities
• Challenging Stigma and Discrimination
• Law, Policy and Practice
• Professional and Personal Development
You will need
• Headset and Microphone
• Built-in laptop camera or attachable webcam device (for laptop or PC)
• Stable broadband connection
Minimum System Requirements
• As a guide, if you are able to Skype or watch online videos (eg: YouTube) from your device, your system requirements should be capable
• System requirements in detail https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/nb8raex
Windows 7 and above
Mac OS X 10.6 and above
Internet Explorer 7 and above
Firefox - Latest version
Chrome - Latest version
Safari - 5 and above