This webinar is a live feed of the workshop being delivered with in-room participants.
Please Note: This Webinar is only offered to participants outside the Greater Christchurch Area. Your online experience will differ from face to face education sessions.
Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four | Catering: Refreshments provided
The broad aim of this workshop is to assist those working in the health sector to effectively manage the cumulative effects of being concerned for others needs on an ongoing basis.
• This is an entry level workshop aimed at those who work with clients on a daily basis
• This workshop means to draw attention to a particular challenge to self care; the effects of medium to long term assisting clients with health care needs
• This workshop explores the concepts of effective helping, compassion fatigue, coping styles and strength-based self-management styles
Participants will be provided the opportunity to:
• Understand the paradox of effective helping
• Understand the subtle signs of compassion fatigue/stress
• Identify your own personal style of coping
• Retain a pro-active management style of self-caring
• Professional and Personal Development
You will need
• Headset and Microphone
• Built-in laptop camera or attachable webcam device (for laptop or PC)
• Stable broadband connection
Minimum System Requirements
• As a guide, if you are able to Skype or watch online videos (eg: YouTube) from your device, your system requirements should be capable.
• System requirements in detail https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/nb8raex
Windows 7 and above
Mac OS X 10.6 and above
Internet Explorer 7 and above
Firefox - Latest version
Chrome - Latest version
Safari - 5 and above