Please Note: Attendees must have completed the MHERC De-escalation workshop at some time in the past two years.
Workshop Type: Intermediate | Workshop Level: Six | Catering: Refreshments provided
This workshop firstly revisits verbal de-escalation strategies, and environmental considerations before teaching practical and evasive techniques to ensure that both you and your client are kept as safe as possible in an actual or potential physical assault situation. Please wear comfortable clothing and footwear
• Risk in the environment
• Recollection of effective verbal communication for de-escalation
• Physical disengagement and defensive techniques
• Legislation in relation to workplace safety
Participants will be provided the opportunity to:
• Demonstrate good practice in verbal communication skills
• Describe the importance and maintenance of a safe physical environment
• Practice and demonstrate effective breakaway techniques
• Explain the law relating to self-defence and safe workplaces
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Professional and Personal Development
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 30 September 2019 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).