This workshop is fully funded, however cancellation and non-attendance fees may apply. See terms below before registering.
Facilitated by Leading Suicidologist Dr Annette Beautrais, PhD
Improve your knowledge and gain confidence when providing support and assistance for suicide prevention, intervention and postvention.
This workshop is a great opportunity for those who work in health, education or social service professions.
Dr Annette Beautrais is New Zealand's most experienced suicidologist, who has been working in suicide research, prevention and education for the past 27 years. She has published extensively and has won international awards for her research.
"Professor Beautrais’ enthusiasm was impressive. In [my] 38 year association with tertiary education I have never met anyone with such knowledge in any area." - General Practitioner
• Youth suicide update
• Risk and protective factors for suicidal and non-suicidal behaviours
• Distinguishing suicidal and non-suicidal behaviours in young people
• Best practice management of suicidal and non-suicidal behaviours in young people
• Practical skills in assessment and safety planning
• Understand the epidemiology of suicide clusters and the mechanisms and contagion
• Gain knowledge about best practices in anaging suicide clusters
Refreshments: Morning and afternoon tea will be provided. Attendees will need to prepare their own lunch.
Please note: This workshop is for people working with vulnerable individuals or at risk populations, and is not intended as a forum to discuss personal experiences.
Cancellations and Non Attendance
Due to the high demand of these free workshops, the following rates will be charged for late cancellations and non-attendance.
Cancellations made less than 15 working days will be charged $60.
Cancellations made less than 5 working days will be charged $120.
Cancellations or non-attendance on the day will result in a $290 charge.
If applicable, these charges will be billed to the registrant using the details listed on the registrant's online registration form.