This webinar is a live feed of the workshop being delivered with in-room participants.
Please Note: This Webinar is only offered to participants outside the Greater Christchurch Area. Your online experience will differ from face to face education sessions.
Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four | Catering: Refreshments provided
Change is ever present in our lives, however we are not always happy to embrace it. Change can come in many forms; relationship break up, workplace re-organisation, bereavement, moving house, major events etc. This course aims to provide a deeper understanding of the psychological processes that underpin change and the various coping strategies we may utilise during the process. It explores the different phases we transition through as we move through change and focuses on strategies to help us thrive at each of these stages.
Note: Participants will need to identify an area for change they wish to focus on during the workshop. This may be personal or professional and it may be change for self or supporting others. This is for your own working example and will not be shared with others in the workshop.
• Attitudes towards change and how these determine our emotions and experience of change
• The psychological processes that underpin change – understanding transitions
• Understanding the risks and benefits and looking for solutions
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Explore their current attitude and reactions to change
• Understand psychological processes that underpin change
• Learn how to handle each stage that we transition through when we deal with change
• Learn how to manage their emotions and expectations with regard to change
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Working with Communities
• Professional and Personal Development
You will need
• Headset and Microphone
• Built-in laptop camera or attachable webcam device (for laptop or PC)
• Stable broadband connection
Minimum System Requirements
• As a guide, if you are able to Skype or watch online videos (eg: YouTube) from your device, your system requirements should be capable.
• System requirements in detail https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/nb8raex
Windows 7 and above
Mac OS X 10.6 and above
Internet Explorer 7 and above
Firefox - Latest version
Chrome - Latest version
Safari - 5 and above