Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Five | Catering: Refreshments provided
This workshop introduces an advanced linguistic model which enables counsellors, therapists and helpers to conversationally assist healing and change in their clients. Through specific words and structured sentences we can create positive change. Once mastered, this model is easily integrated into your specialist field. It helps to bypass resistance and solidify therapeutic interventions.
• The systematic nature of mind and body
• The systematic/affective nature of communication
• How words affect state, emotions and physiology; placebo, nocebo and the biology of beliefs
• Verbal and non-verbal communication
• Learn/practice a linguistic model of communication that can be used to enhance healing and recovery.
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Understand how presuppositional language affects others
• Identify and practice therapeutic/influential language stuctures
• Understand the importance and effect of rapport
• How to avoid or reduce resistance.
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Māori
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Working with Communities
• Professional and Personal Development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by Friday 11 January 2019 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).