Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Five | Catering: Refreshments provided
Trauma is a precursor to many psychological conditions including PTSD and phobias. The RTM brief intervention can significantly reduce trauma and associated conditions. A randomized controlled trial of 74 male US war veterans suffering from PTSD resulted in 46 (71%) lost DSM diagnosis for PTSD by one of the following definitions: 42 persons (65%) were in complete remission (DSM criteria not met). Four (6%) lost the DSM diagnosis or were otherwise sub-clinical by dichotomous criteria (absence of flashbacks and nightmares).
• Trauma and the structure of PTSD
• Reconsolidation of Traumatic Memories (RTM)
• Structure of the Visual-Kinaesthetic Dissociation Protocol for RTM
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Understand the RTM structure and its effect on traumatic memories
• Know when and with whom to apply the technique
• How to apply the technique.
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Māori
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Working with Communities
• Challenging Stigma and Discrimination
• Professional and Personal Development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 14 September 2018 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).