Workshop Type: Intermediate | Workshop Level: Five | Catering: Refreshments provided
This workshop will teach practical and evasive techniques needed to ensure that both you and your client are kept as safe as possible in an actual or potential physical assault situation. The specific purpose of breakaway training is to train you in techniques that would allow you, if assaulted, to successfully remove yourself from holds to the body. You will learn physical techniques including disengagement, and defence techniques for varying risk levels and situations.
NOTE: Attendees must have completed the MHERC De-escalation workshop at sometime in the previous 2 years. Please wear comfortable clothing and flat footwear
• Risk in the environment.
• The recollection of effective verbal communication for de-escalation
• Physical techniques including disengagement, and defence techniques for varying risk levels and situations
• Legislation in relation to workplace safety
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Describe the importance and maintenance of a safe physical environment
• Demonstrate good practice in verbal communication skills, situational awareness and body language
• Practice and demonstrate effective breakaway techniques
• Explain the law relating to self defence and safe workplaces
Let’s Get Real Skills
• Law, Policy and Practice
• Professional and Personal Development
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Communities
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 14 September 2018 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).