Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Five | Catering: Refreshments Provided
This workshop introduces a natural model of language that enables counsellors, therapists and helpers to conversationally influence their clients in a positive way through the specific words and phrases they use. Once understood, the model is easily integrated into your normal practice routine. This helps to bypass resistance and solidify therapeutic interventions.
• The systemic nature of mind and body
• The Systemic/Affective nature of communication
• How words affect state, emotions and physiology; placebo, nocebo and the biology of beliefs
• Verbal and non-verbal communication
• Learn/practice a linguistic model of communication that can be used to enhance healing and recovery.
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Understand how presuppositional language affects others
• Identify and practice therapeutic/influential language structures
• Understand the importance and effect of rapport
• How to avoid or reduce resistance.
Let’s Get Real Skills
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Māori
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Working with Communities
• Challenging Stigma and Discrimination
• Professional and Personal Development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 14 September 2018 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).