This webinar is a live feed of the workshop being delivered with in-room participants.
Please Note: This Webinar is only offered to participants outside the Greater Christchurch Area. Your online experience will differ from face to face education sessions.
Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four
Those who work in the mental health and other health sectors are drawn to this work for a myriad of reasons. Due to the complex nature of the work, staff may be hired from a wide range of backgrounds which can include a combination of training or experience or both. Coming from such diverse backgrounds means that when staff start working in the system they often have no common language or understanding of professional boundaries and ethics.
• Develop an understanding of significant ethics and boundaries concepts
• Identify the importance of professional values and ethics in human service practice
• Learn how to contextualise boundaries regardful of the uniqueness of the relationship
• Discuss ethical dilemmas and strategies and protocols that can be applied to reach safe conclusions
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Identify the importance of professional boundaries and safe practice in regard to ethical dilemmas
• Describe the problematic issues associated with boundary violations
• Make decisions that protect people’s rights while minimising the risks to the healthcare worker
• Use an ethical dilemma problem solving framework
• Working with Service Users
• Professional and Personal Development
You will need
• Headset and Microphone
• Built-in laptop camera or attachable webcam device (for laptop or PC)
• Stable broadband connection
Minimum System Requirements
• As a guide, if you are able to Skype or watch online videos (eg: YouTube) from your device, your system requirements should be capable.
• System requirements in detail https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/nb8raex
Windows 7 and above
Mac OS X 10.6 and above
Internet Explorer 7 and above
Firefox - Latest version
Chrome - Latest version
Safari - 5 and above