This webinar is a live feed of the workshop being delivered with in-room participants.
Please Note: This Webinar is only offered to participants outside the Greater Christchurch Area. Your online experience will differ from face to face education sessions.
Workshop Type: Intermediate | Workshop Level: Five
This workshop is for people who work in organisations that provide health and community services in people’s home environment. The safety of all people is considered to be of the highest importance and travelling around the community and working in private homes presents potential risks to staff and clients that are directly addressed in this presentation.
• Risk assessment and management using a risk matrix
• Identifying potential threats to one’s own safety
• Specific actions that decrease risk and increase confidence in dealing with challenging situations
• Exploring professional boundaries
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Discuss risks and hazards with others who do similar work
• Reflect on their practice, especially in relation to professional boundaries
• Review and develop a personal safety plan
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Communities
• Law, Policy and Practice
• Professional and Personal Development
You will need
• Headset and Microphone
• Built-in laptop camera or attachable webcam device (for laptop or PC)
• Stable broadband connection
Minimum System Requirements
• As a guide, if you are able to Skype or watch online videos (eg: YouTube) from your device, your system requirements should be capable.
• System requirements in detail https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/nb8raex
Windows 7 and above
Mac OS X 10.6 and above
Internet Explorer 7 and above
Firefox - Latest version
Chrome - Latest version
Safari - 5 and above