This webinar is a live feed of the workshop being delivered with in-room participants.
Please Note: This Webinar is only offered to participants outside the Greater Christchurch Area. Your online experience will differ from face to face education sessions.
Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four
Anxiety and depression are two common psychiatric conditions affecting adolescents. Adolescents face a host of pressures, including puberty, questions about identity and where they fit in society, as well as conflicts and challenges as they start to assert their independence towards adulthood. In this session we will consider the complex interplay of biological and environmental processes which contribute to the emergence, progression and improvement of mental health issues in this group.
• How anxiety and depression effect the mind and body of adolescents
• Strategies to help them manage their emotions
• Consider the stages they go through and communication styles
• Learn useful tools to help improve the mental health of adolescents
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Understand what triggers anxiety and depression in adolescents
• Develop strategies and techniques to reduce these two psychiatric conditions
• Ask questions and discuss their perspective on the issues
• Increase skills in working with youth experiencing mental health issues
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Working with Communities
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Māori
• Challenging Stigma and Discrimination
• Professional and Personal Development
You will need
• Headset and Microphone
• Built-in laptop camera or attachable webcam device (for laptop or PC)
• Stable broadband connection
Minimum System Requirements
• As a guide, if you are able to Skype or watch online videos (eg: YouTube) from your device, your system requirements should be capable.
• System requirements in detail https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/nb8raex
Windows 7 and above
Mac OS X 10.6 and above
Internet Explorer 7 and above
Firefox - Latest version
Chrome - Latest version
Safari - 5 and above