This webinar is a live feed of the workshop being delivered with in-room participants.
Please Note: This Webinar is only offered to participants outside the Greater Christchurch Area. Your online experience will differ from face to face education sessions.
Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four
Develop knowledge about the experience of common mental disorders: mood disorders, psychosis, and anxiety disorders. Learn how to best support those with mental illness and their family members.
• Discover facts and myths about common mental illnesses
• Learn the risk factors, causes and treatment options for these common mental illnesses
• Learn how people manage to live well with mental illness
Participants will be provided the opportunity to:
• Gain insight and increased knowledge of common mental illnesses
• Develop a better understanding of how to support people
• Learn ways in which people experiencing mental illness can live well
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Challenging Stigma and Discrimination
• Professional and Personal Development
You will need
• Headset and Microphone
• Built-in laptop camera or attachable webcam device (for laptop or PC)
• Stable broadband connection
Minimum System Requirements
As a guide, if you are able to Skype or watch online videos (eg: YouTube) from your device, your system requirements should be capable.
Windows 7 and above
Mac OS X 10.6 and above
Internet Explorer 7 and above
Firefox - Latest version
Chrome - Latest version
Safari - 5 and above