Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four | Catering: Refreshments provided
The broad aim of this workshop is to assist those working in the health sector to effectively manage the cumulative effects of being concerned for others needs on an ongoing basis.
• This is an entry level workshop aimed at those who work with clients on a daily basis
• This workshop means to draw attention to a particular challenge to self care; the effects of medium to long term assisting clients with health care needs
• This workshop explores the concepts of effective helping, compassion fatigue, coping styles and strength-based self-management styles
Participants will be provided the opportunity to:
• Understand the paradox of effective helping
• Understand the subtle signs of compassion fatigue/stress
• Identify your own personal style of coping
• Retain a pro-active management style of self-caring
• Professional and Personal Development
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 10 May 2019 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).