Workshop Type: Intermediate | Workshop Level: Five | Catering: Refreshments Provided
This workshop is for people who work in organisations that provide health and community services in people’s home environment. The safety of all people is considered to be of the highest importance and travelling around the community and working in private homes presents potential risks to staff and clients that are directly addressed in this presentation.
• Risk assessment and management using a risk matrix
• Identifying potential threats to one’s own safety
• Specific actions that decrease risk and increase confidence in dealing with challenging situations
• Exploring professional boundaries
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Discuss risks and hazards with others who do similar work
• Reflect on their practice, especially in relation to professional boundaries
• Review and develop a personal safety plan
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Communities
• Law, Policy and Practice
• Professional and Personal Development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 11 January 2019 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).