Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four | Catering: Refreshments provided
Gain a basic understanding of anxiety and how it relates to children. Learn how to support parents/workers with anxious children to feel confident and competent to manage anxious behaviours in a way that promotes the child’s bravery and wellbeing.
• General psychoeducation about anxiety
• Why do some ‘suffer’ from anxiety and others don’t
• Why are the adults so vital in helping children manage anxiety
• What can adults do to help
• Strategies that children can use directly
Participants will be provided the opportunity to:
• Make sense of anxiety and how it relates to children (and possibly themselves)
• Opportunities for discussion around specific situations
• Build confidence around ‘what to do when’
• See great gains in children’s confidence through taking charge of anxiety and not being afraid of fear
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Families/Whānau
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 30 September 2019 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).