Workshop Type: Intermediate | Workshop Level: Five | Catering: Refreshments provided
Better understand and support those that are grieving a loss. Psycho education will be provided about grief, loss and recovery. Tools and self-care strategies for both ourselves and the bereft will be explored.
• What are the stages of grief and loss
• Common experiences of grief
• Physical and psychological aspects of grief
• Self-care for the bereaved and the supporter
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Explore the depth and breadth of grief and loss, from death to loss of concepts of self
• Understand your own attitude to grief and loss
• Gain confidence in their ability to be with the bereaved
• Learn the importance of self-care in dealing with grief and associated trauma
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Māori
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Working with Communities
• Challenging Stigma and Discrimination
• Professional and Personal Development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 30 September 2019 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).