Please Note: You need to have attended Part One of this course to attend Part Two.
Workshop Type: Advanced | Workshop Level: Six | Catering: Refreshments provided
This workshop is designed for those who have previously done the Introduction to Motivational Interviewing workshop or equivalent. This workshop will provide participants the opportunity to further develop their Motivational Interviewing (MI) skill set with a focus on enhancing evoking and change talk. In this interactive and experiential workshop, attendees will learn skills to help them become more focused in their interactions and apply MI to their practice and become more effective in using this skill set.
• Moving from focusing to evoking
• Listening for change talk
• How to deal with sustain talk and discord
• Strategies for evoking change talk
• How to move from evoking to planning for change
Participants will be provided with the opportunity to:
• Learn more about change talk
• Practice evoking change talk
• Observe and provide feedback on MI skills
• Discuss how MI can be integrated into everyday practice
• Working with Service Users
• Challenging Stigma and Discrimination
• Professional and Personal Development
*Subsidised Rate: Check if you are eligible here. Apply your discount by completing the ‘Subsidised rate eligibility’ section when registering.
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 14 September 2018 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).