Workshop Type: Introductory | Workshop Level: Four | Catering: Refreshments provided
This workshop aims to provide several simple and easy activity ideas that can be put into practice in a one-on-one situation with clients who find motivating themselves to exercise very challenging.
• Why being active is so beneficial to a range of health conditions including mental illness
• The simple principles of exercise to bear in mind
• Practical demonstration and participation
• How to use fun props to good effect
Participants will be provided the opportunity to:
• Come away with a ‘tool box’ of easy exercise ideas with supporting handouts
• Gain the confidence to engage clients in some simple activity one-on-one
• Receive a free kit including relevant props and equipment
• Working with Service Users
• Working with Families/Whānau
• Working with Communities
*Early Bird Discount: Register by 10 May 2019 to receive $10.00 off (automatically applied at checkout).